BASTAS - Be A Santa To A Senior - Project

@mynameiscow I fixed all of those issues, and aded some new stuff and committed those changes up already. Just pull and pull and merge in my changes to your local repo. Should be good to go from there.

@bmcgonag Ah! I just noticed your other branch ReorderInitialDBScripts. Got it.

@bmcgonag The batch import script not populates the Recipient, Recip_Address, and Gift tables. I think the efficiency could be improved by wrapping the insert statements in BEGIN and END, but I could debug the syntax error. Itā€™s probably not a big deal since our dataset is small, but I will look into it later. I pushed the latest to the branch mentioned above ā€˜ReorderInitialDBScriptsā€™.

@daniel_ferguson @mynameiscow @tbaugh @Lopezb29

Weekend Coding Session?

Hey all, I am trying to focus on this stuff, but I feel a bit stuck, and thought an atmosphere of coding buddies might help me see where I need to go with this, and get on track again. What would you all think of a few hours this weekend or next for some coding together on this project, and see if we can

1. Focus on what should be done first out of the gate.
  2. Get some code done that Terry can start testing with.
  3. Get me out of my slump.

Thoughts?

@daniel_ferguson @bmcgonag @tbaugh @Lopezb29

Iā€™m planning on being away on Saturday. I may be able to get together some evening early in the week. Most evenings I can hang out in the IRC channel and work through stuff with you virtually.

C

@bmcgonag @mynameiscow @tbaugh @Lopezb29

Works for me.

@daniel_ferguson Iā€™m getting some errors with the nom install and bower stuff again, so dollar at me sometime tomorrow, maybe you can help me get past it again.

Iā€™ve tried the things weā€™ve been using so far, with no bower_components folder that I can find.

@daniel_ferguson @mynameiscow @tbaugh @Lopezb29 In order to get this project to useable for Terry this year, I think we need to focus on getting some key parts ready.

Install
Home Screen
Givers Data entry
Ability to select Gifts and a person from a grid
Ability to print the Ornament once selected

Terry, am I missing anything there with the basics?

Brian,
In general I believe that is it. Iā€™m not sure what you mean by ā€œGivers Data entryā€, but I believe you have included the basic steps.

@tbaugh

2020 - I pulled down the repo, and started running framework updates, and surely enough some packages are now broken.

After getting a couple of packages out of the way the framework is now up to date on my system, but the packages that are broken are the style sheet and supporting packages.

Iā€™ve run through this multiple times now, and it saddens me because I really like this styling. My only recourse, however is to choose a new stylsheet set, and start moving through the softwre to update everything.

What does this mean?

• The overall look and feel of the UI will be different. I will try to find a css framework that is similar in nature to the one I was using, but there will undoubtedly still be differences.
  • This update will take a lot of time. Iā€™ve already ā€œplayedā€ with a couple of new css frameworks, but with each one, there is just enough difference that basically none of my links work properly, button styles, and sections of objects are no longer coherently placed, and things that should be hidden arenā€™t.
  • Finally, due to the amount of time and effort this will take, I may just re-do the entire UI with a new framework that is
  1. minimal
  2. css only
  3. something I can download and include in the html header of my project vs. an add-on that could break again in the future.

Overall, just something that happens, and it will pass.

For now, however, I suggest just setting the version from last year, and using it again this year.

Update: Sept 2020 - I think Iā€™ve fixed the issues with the original css styles. I need to adjust a few behaviours, but it should be good soon.

Great news, Brian! I appreciate all of your work.

Iā€™m still working on a fix for the menu behavior, but otherwise it appears to work. Iā€™d like to get a test file to import from you, and check a bit more. Also, Iā€™ll get ready to make a build for you to test with.