Visual Studio (2013) on Linux

Greetings Everyone,

A buddy and myself have decided to write a StarCraft AI. I’m trying to setup the software on my Arch machine. The open source BWAPI http://bwapi.github.io/ needs is built with visual studio 2013. Does anyone here have any experience running visual studio on Linux, or an alternative build system?

So far, I have been able to install the game intself with wine. That seems to work well, but I’m probably missing some other packages both on the Linux side and wine compatability side. Any thoughts are welcome.

Cheers,
C

Sounds like a fun project. I think @daniel_ferguson will be your best bet when it comes to Visual Studio help and knowledge.

@bmcgonag
@daniel_ferguson

Thanks. I’m looking forward to getting into it. From everything I have been able to gather on web searches, winehq, and some other forums, there is little hope VS will work for me on Linux. It was an educational diversion into wine and .NET packages on Linux. In the end, I think I’m going to upgrade my computer to something that supports virtualization and simply install Winows on a virtual machine. It’s time to upgrade my current laptop anyway.

Cheers,
C