A Linux Client for Mastodon

We discussed the Open Source option for Social Media and networking, Mastodon, during our last LUG Meeting. Since then, I’ve been diggin into it a bit more.

I’ve set myself up to follow some great open source projects, a tech news bot, and a few other news type posters on the federated network. I did find that I actually got in on Mastodon way back when it first started, and I do actually have a Mastodon.social account, but I like this secondary server I’ve joined, so I mostly just stay signed into that server and account.

No Matter, I’m MickInTX on both, so if you want to fine me, that’s the way to do it.

I’m
MicInTX@mastodon.social
and
MickInTX@mastodon.partecipa.digital

The latter being the more active account for me.

At any rate, the web interface is actually really good, as @Quantafac showed last time. But, it’s always nice to have a desktop client you can use as well. While I haven’t tried it, I have heard some really good things from people sho’s opinion I trust on the client for linux called Whalebird.

So, if you’re interested, sign up for an account on partecipa, then use Whale bird to track the feeds.